Thursday, May 14, 2009

POTTY TRAINING UPDATE

Potty training is going fabulous!! I never imagined it would be this easy once he finally decided to do it! We are on our 4th day I believe and we've only had 1 accident which was last night when he was playing with his friend Kambrie last night and got busy running around. He knew right when he did it though cause he came running out and looked at me like "oh crap" and was holding himself. So that's great he knows it's wrong now when you potty in your undies! He woke up completely dry this morning despite wearing a pullup. Then today he took a nap in his undies and woke up dry!! Tonight at swim lessons he hopped out of the pool in the middle and needed to go potty, which he also did on Tuesday night. He's mastering the "peeing" part so quickly! The pooping part however we need to work on. He either doesn't wanna sit on the toilet or he doesn't know his body well enough yet to know when he's gonna do a #2. He has done it just in front of the toilet all 3 times. So we've gotta work on him actually making it into the potty. But I'm just gonna try with praise and encouragement and let him run this show because he seems to do so much better when I let him do things on his terms. I'm so proud of my little boy, becoming a big boy!! It's so nice to not change diapers anymore...not nice that I had just bought some though! Oh well I guess someday Austin might need them! So we'll keep on truckin' with this and I'll keep ya informed on how it's going. Way to go bubba!!

No comments: