Monday, May 11, 2009

He just may be finally getting it!

So today Hayden has finally decided to take to potty training I'm hoping!! Yesterday on Mother's Day he gave me the best gift of going potty in the toilet all by himself! We left him naked after taking off his pj's and he just went in there and went all on his own, I couldn't believe it! I have felt like he was never gonna get it now that he is 3 and still wasn't showing any signs other than not liking a dirty diaper...but that was as far as he would go with it. People and his pediatrician keep telling me to not worry or push it because when he was ready he would do it. Well today I decided to leave him naked all day and the bathroom door open and ready. Well he has went potty in the toilet all day! No accidents at all!! And now I've finally got him to not pinch his little manhood, meaning he isn't peeing all over the toilet! :) He doesn't wanna sit down and pee, he wants to do it like a man and stand! It's so funny. He has yet to do #2 today which isn't normal for him cause he's so regular right in the morning but I think he may have some slight stage fright with that and the potty. I'm still anxiously waiting to put his pj's on tonight to see if he'll do it or just wait till I put the diaper on for bed. What a week it's been! Austin starts crawling and now I'm thinking Hayden is finally ready to potty train! Keep your fingers crossed for me and I'll let ya know how it goes the rest of the week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Trent is starting to also, still wont do anything but pee but its a start! Good luck, these boys are so much alike..lol

cjvandenbos said...

Potty training is so hard!!!...and frustrating. Good job Hayden. What a nice Mama's day gift, diapers are no no fun!