Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Cookies

So I always make sugar cookies a few times throughout Christmas time and I decided that I would add Hayden into the mix and make it a tradition to start letting him help in one of those cookie baking times. He was very excited about getting up on the counter and getting in the "mix" of things. So it actually wasn't as messy as I thought it was gonna be. He cut out all the cookies with the cookie cutters for me and then once they cooled I gave him his own little bowls of frosting and some sprinkles to decorate. He absolutely loves frosting and sprinkles. I don't know what it is with kids and sprinkles (I hate sprinkles), but for Hayden, the more sprinkles the better! He would put some on and then pick them off and eat them and put more on. It was funny. Hayden also has a weird thing where if he doesn't know what it is, he won't eat it! So I made the frosting and wanted to give him the beater. There was no way he was gonna lick it. So I had to place some frosting in his mouth first and once he got the taste of it, he loved it! He kept trying to dip it back in the frosting to get more (Don't worry these were our personal cookies and not ones that I have given out). All in all it was a good, fun experience that we will continue to have every year. I love having kids because you get to start all your own holiday traditions with them!







No comments: